Great Lakes, NSW
The Great Lakes is a region defined by water, the name coming from its unique triple lakes system. The region is a nature lover’s paradise.
This beautiful part of the coast is a blend of pristine beaches, dazzling lakes, national parks and wide expanses of forest broken up with historic rural hinterland. There are great places to eat in and shops to browse through. There are activities all year round.
Topi Gums Bush Retreat has a unique and magnificent location nestled between Bulahdelah and Pacific Palms. Set on 100 acres, you won’t see the neighbours, but you’ll still be just a short scenic drive to the beaches, lakes, national parks and local townships.
- Swim or surf at Seal Rocks, Pacific Palms and Forster Beaches;
- Fish or go boating at Myall Lake, Smiths Lake and Wallis Lake;
- Learn to surf or dive, go whale or dolphin watching, or join a cruise.
- Discover short walks, long distance treks or pleasant coastal boardwalks;
- Picnic at Myall Lake or Wallingat National Parks or State Forests; Environment & Heritage Office
- Play golf or tennis.
- Tantalise your taste buds at the regional cafes and restaurants;
- Eat fresh local produce and seafood;
- Arts & crafts, exhibitions and museums;
- Visit the Raw Edge Photography art gallery for amazing surf and beach photography;
- Local produce;
- Markets – each township has a market worth exploring.
Weather – 7 day forecast